Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 04, 2010

I have the goat!

You may remember, if you've been reading for awhile, that last time the 'Books Are Fun' book fair came to the hospital where I work, there was a singing goat puppet that sang the goatherd song from Sound of Music.

Now, I have a friend who dearly loves goats, having grown up on a farm where they raised them. So over the years we've given him stuffed goats, goat puzzles, etc. So the goat was a natural present, but I didn't get it when I first saw it and when I went back the next day, they were gone.

The book fair came back to work yesterday and today and the first thing I did was ask about the goat puppets. They didn't have any, but the lady took down my name and number and said she would check the warehouse.

This morning I was getting dressed when I got a phone call from her. She'd located one in a bin, but she thought the batteries were run down and only had AAAs (it requires two AAs). I told her I had some and would bring them in with me. So when I got to work, I went by and we put in the new batteries and they worked like a charm. Here's another person's video of the same model of puppet singing:

I wonder what my friend's cats and dogs will think about this?

PS The Rottweiler thought it was great fun. The other dogs were dubious. The cats freaked. I've never heard the one ever hiss, and he did, bristling up.

No comments: