Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

:D

My boss asked me today if I'd heard anything further about the data entry job and suggested I talk to the director in charge. I did, briefly, asking him if he'd made a decision. He made a face and said, yes, yesterday (and I thought, oh, I didn't get it), but then asked me how it would work in my schedule. :) I guess he'd meant to get back to me by then, and that's what the face was about.

I'm willing to clear my weeknight schedule for the position, and told him I'd already worked out the details of getting home on the bus, etc. I thought it sounded like they'd need me form 5-9, but it actually sounds like it may be more late afternoon than night. I told him I planned to work at the store just on Saturdays, if they'd let me, but I committed to making this work. We're going to go over the details in the next couple of days. There will be some training necessary, but that I can do during normal hours if need be. I'm scheduled at the store through the 23rd. This gives me a chance to give her notice of the schedule change (or resignation, if they can't use me just one night a week), and I'd still have time for one more week at the store before starting at the hospital full-time between the two positions on July 1st. That is, incidentally, when they restore matching for our retirement, but they've doubled their matching amount to 50 cents on the dollar, so I may go ahead and increase the amount I'm saving.

There's no telling just how long this job will last; it should be at least 6 months. I'm hoping I can pay off some of my debt and save for a car. But I'm very excited, and I'm glad they kept me in mind for it.

No comments: