Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 11, 2010

A gadget, but a useful one

I found something at Walgreens yesterday when I was getting my prescriptions, and decided to get it. It's called the Smart Health Wellness Monitor Watch.

It:
  1. Tells time.
  2. Tells date.
  3. Acts as an alarm.
  4. Has a dual time feature.
  5. Has a stopwatch.
  6. Has a count-down timer.
  7. Has a pedometer that measures steps towards a goal.
  8. Calculates the calories burnt during exercise.
  9. Tests resting heart rate.
  10. Monitors current heart rate and determines whether it is in the desirable zone for aerobic exercise.

Not bad. It was $15.00 off, came with a $5 coupon for merchandise at the store, and was a flexible spending item. I needed a watch anyway, and I wanted to get a pedometer now that my feet are doing better and I can walk more. Of course, I realise that I really got it because it was, indeed, a gadget. But still, it is a useful one, so there you go.

No comments: