Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I just spent 3 1/2 hours waiting for T-mobile's service to be restored

so that I can go out to eat with a friend. Both of us have T-mobile, and she only has a cell phone, so when there was an outage in the Southeastern United States, we were affected. I had just decided to start working on notes and giving up when I got a text from T-mobile regarding my upcoming bill. I called Angelica, we're going to go out, but I've spent quite a bit of time hungry and basically not doing anything productive because I could have her show up at any moment.

Grr.

Still, here's to a nice time once we get going.

PS It was a nice visit. We went to IHOP where the food was good but the waitress was surreal, the type that isn't engaging and yet pops up during your conversation shouting, 'Is everything all right?' from right behind you, so afterwards we went back to my apartment and finished our talk, visiting until almost 1 am.

No comments: