Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Very Time Lord Christmas

I have been celebrating Christmas Eve (such as I can, being a non-Christian) by watching some things I had on DVR from SciFi (or at least that's what it was until it changed it's name abominably) and BBCAmerica:

The Catherine Tate Christmas Special (in addition to being an excellent comedienne with a full range of believable characters, Catherine Tate also played Donna Noble on 'Doctor Who')

The 'Christmas Invasion' episode of 'Doctor Who' with David Tennant as the newly-regenerated 10th Doctor (looking better in pyjamas than in Christopher Eccleston's leather jacket, I must say, although that's perhaps because I'm used to his suit and coat)

I've also set the DVR for 'Doctor Who: the End of Time' (both parts, the first airing Saturday here in America, the second on January 2nd), and a new show called 'Demons', about the last of the Van Helsings. (If I have to explain that to you, then you've never read Bram Stoker or paid attention to the right kind of movies and television shows, now have you?) It looked mildly interesting and is premiering after the second instalment of the Doctor. It premiered last year in Britain and lasted for six episodes.

No comments: