Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Got a late start today and have much to do

I'm waiting for a bus at the library because they apparently only run every hour for Richmond Road on Saturdays (I forgot my bus schedules, or I'd know that...)

I fell asleep in the comfy chair till 2 am last night, blogged a little, and then went back to sleep. I've been trying to get going since 7 am, but without success. I worked on the computer awhile because I was trying to finish up notes, but it had some issues and needed some updates, so I'm going to have to finish this afternoon.

I know what I'm getting John, Brenda, and Margaret. That just leaves my grandmother to come up with a gift for. I have no idea what to get a 85-year-old woman with just about every knicknack one might need. I guess I could get her a gift certificate to Kroger, but that seems rather impersonal.

I don't know. I'll have to check things out. I also need to find pants for work now that our new shirts have arrived. They have to be belted and black (well, they can be khaki, but I don't really like khaki and they are prone to stains). This is apparently hard to find in my size, where most pants are elastic, but we'll see what I can find. And of course, I need a belt as well.

I've got my mom's present already but it won't be there until after Christmas, so I may get her something small to unwrap until then. That's the plan, anyway. I hope to be out there only 2-3 hours since the movie isn't playing. Wish me luck.

No comments: