Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Still have some damp things

from the night before last when I walked home in the rain, among other things my bus pass, which lost its embossing, which I hope no one notices, because technically I'm not sure if it's valid anymore and I have 10 days left remaining. I was soaked to the skin and my clothes are still a bit damp. Fortunately my coat dried first.

Last night I got a ride home. A co-worker doesn't have gas at home at the moment so her heat is out. I let her borrow an electric space heater I have and sent her home with some dried beans. So in the last 24 hours I've had two people in my home, which is unusual. She really liked the artwork I have, the bulk of a friend's stuff from his studio art days in college. He's really quite talented. One triptych really bugs my mom because there is a picture of a God with a penis roughly a foot long (it's a very big painting, so it's within proportion). I think it makes her nervous. The Goddess is also naked, but I don't think that scandalises her as much. I hate to think what my grandmother would say if she came up. I don't even notice it anymore or think about it for that matter.

No comments: