Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Today was good

I worked, but it was only for a couple of hours to show one of the new people how to do the cooler. Then I had some time to blog and then went over to a friend's to watch a really great trio of shows, 2057, from Discovery, showing technologies of the future and how they're being worked towards today. One is on medicine, the other on a futuristic wired city, and the last is about space and energy. They were excellent. I knew of some of the innovations, but not most, and each had a little story to tie it all together, which was kind of nice. The future they envision, though will be fairly intrusive by our standards--with even clothing revealing our secrets to insurance companies. Then I headed back home, had some more time to blog, and I intend to get some rest before picking up another friend late tonight. It was almost like being off--I didn't work on notes, I didn't work 10 hours, etc., and I got to have some fun and some 'me' time. About the only thing I didn't do was any reading. I'm still in the early part of The Golden Compass, after all, but I'll save that for lunch breaks and doctor's visits. :)

Okay, that's all for now. I think I'll take a nap.

No comments: