Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Feeling good, yet in a hauntingly Gothic mood nonetheless

I think Amy Lee has a beautiful voice that I could only hope to have a fraction of.

'My Immortal' by Evanescence



'Lithium', also by Evanescence (and YKWIA, there's a brief shot of a frozen spider carcass 18 seconds in on this one)



Lithium is usually used to keep down mania in bipolar disorder moreso than as an anti-depressant, athough it does have those properties as well. I've never taken lithium, but I take Lamictal for the same reason. My life has been so much better since I went on it...I've found it freeing, really. But I could see how someone might mourn the loss of the thing that defined them.

Good night. I'm going to bed at midnight, not three in the morning. Woo-hoo!

No comments: