Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, July 01, 2007

The full moon is big and gorgeous tonight

I very nearly broke tonight when I got a heavy shelf stuck and couldn't get it to budge. I don't handle frustration that well and just bawled, eventually getting some control over myself making it possible to move the shelf. I did chip a little off the top corner, but I covered that with white paint.

During the day I worked at the store for 8 hours, then watched the first two episodes of 'Ugly Betty'. It's a great little show. I particularly identified with Betty when she walked right into the glass doors. America Ferrera does an excellent job. It amazes me how they 'Bettify' her--she's such a pretty girl, and of a decent size, too. Vanessa Williams is great as a conniver, and Mark Indelicato, who plays Betty's nephew Justin (flaming at a tender age) does it superbly. Then it was painting trim and putting up shelves. Ah, my life--I don't think I've had more than four hours of sleep a night for a week and a half.

No comments: