Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 01, 2006

I feel grody

because I'm still covered in primer and paint after much washing of hands and hair and even a long soaking bath. Plus, since I took the bath last night I didn't shower this morning, and I just feel grody when I do that, even though I know I'm basically clean.

I haven't been blogging much because I've been really extremely busy, both at work and elsewhere. I'm primering and painting shelves, and then the book sorting will begin. At work, I had a lot of patients this week and I'm contemplating the need to move all the journals over a bit to even out the spacing and allow for room to grow next year. I am so not looking forward to it. Plus, I have a lot of older issues that need to be weeded, and I've offered them up on lists with some takers, but I'll have to pitch the rest, which bites for someone who's a hoarder. I haven't been working during the week at the gas station, at least, although I work tomorrow.

I'm getting into the holiday mood. I have the library's tree up (it is, after all, a pagan thing, not just a Christmas one, although for my own use I prefer live trees that are in a pot). It has tiny Little Golden Book ornaments left over from when one of the secretaries ran the library. It's on my desk since I rearranged the library and left no room. The blinking lights hypnotise me practically, but I think I'm ignoring them pretty well now. The skeleton has his Santa hat and dreidel. Secret Santa stuff starts next week. When will I shop? Aggh.

Okay, that's enough for now. Time to go start December off, though I just want to crawl back into bed. At least it's jeans day at work, but I'll have to bring a sweater with me. Today it's supposed to plummet from the 50s t0 the 20s and possibly have snow flurries. I can't believe it's December already. What happened to the year? Have a good day.

No comments: