Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

New warnings for Paxil use, especially for pregnancy

MedWatch - August 2006 Safety-Related Drug Labeling Changes - Detailed

I'm no longer on Paxil, but for those of you who are, you should be aware of these, especially if you are pregnant, plan to be, or at risk of pregnancy. Other warnings include the potential for suicide, especially in young adults and serotonin syndrome, especially with concomitant use of MAOIs. An adverse reaction that has been added is the possibility of hallucinations. Check it out if you're concerned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Michael Smith and i would like to show you my personal experience with Paxil.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Paxil for 5 years now. Please be careful if coming off, i started to wean myself with out doctors help couldnt afford it. I went from 20 mgs to 10 mgs for a month, then 10 mgs to 5 mgs for a month. Because the 20 mgs were way to strong took 20 for 5 years and was always on edge. After about 1 month on 10 felt a little better. I stopped for 7 days completly and man did I feel like shit man I didn’t want to leave the house , shop! I just started back on 5 mgs to get it back in my system. Who know what is the right amount you have to be the test subject on yourself!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Headaches, tremors, emotional wreck, just the blah's when I 1st started takin wasnt bad, cause I also way taken klonopin.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Michael Smith