Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 25, 2006

A nice day or two

although today was spent working my normal 10-hour shift, things seemed to go pretty quickly. The weather was beautiful, in the 60s. I wish I'd been able to enjoy a little more of it, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice as well. It was also nice to get some rest over the last few days. I feel better than I have in awhile. I'm excited about the game tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and the holidays.

I will be working on Christmas, probably during the evening, but that's okay; I agreed to that to get Thanksgiving off and it's double-time-and-a-half. Besides, I'm not Christian--it's not my holiday. My family will get together sometime around the holiday, even if I have to take some vacation time off another day.

I've changed when I take my meds; the Provigil and metformin are still in the morning, (well, and the metformin is again later in the day) but the Lamictal and Abilify have gone to bedtime, because I was getting very drowsy in the daytime otherwise. Apparently Lamictal can cause drowsiness. I had originally started taking everything in the morning so I'd remember to take all my meds, and the Provigil has to be in the morning, but I'll just have to remember to take the others at bedtime. I think it's doing much better now. The real test will be next week at work, when I'm not necessarily being pelted with lots of stimuli (like at the gas station, which stays busy). I've been having a hard time staying awake, especially once I get to the projects I should be working on that aren't urgent or directly for others. Of course, it would help if I could get enough rest, too. And I'm going to start checking my blood sugar again to see if that's part of the problem (you get really fatigued when blood sugar is high). I just need to get some testing strips this week from the pharmacy.

In a couple of weeks I have an appointment with my nurse practitioner which will be my last; they won't be taking my insurance after December 15th. I got the notice the other day in the mail. So it's time to find another medications manager. I've already had two psychiatrists who have moved away, and now this. Sigh. I also have a dental appointment coming up. Yay. (Yes, that's facetious, although actually I really like my dentist and her staff).

We've cut my hours down at the gas station to mostly Saturdays, which should help for making doctor's appointments and maybe having a bit of a life during the week. I'm wondering if there's a way to fit in the gym. I'm really starting to get winded whenever I walk anywhere and I'm disliking my size. I want to be in better shape (I know I'll never be svelte, but I'd settle for feeling a lot better). It's almost resolution time, I suppose, but also, I pay for the experience--I might as well avail myself of the equipment. It may mean getting up much earlier, though, which is hard for me. :)

Well, I guess that's enough for now. It's almost time to go get a friend from work. Take care.

No comments: