Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Brrr!

Two days ago it was in the 60s. Right now it's 9 degrees above and it's supposed to get down to 2, with wind chills down below zero. Welcome to Kentucky weather.

Also, after a nine-hour shift, I can attest that the new shoes passed well. My feet hurt a little, but not a lot.

Finally, after selling Powerball tickets all day, I broke down and bought one myself. It's at a record high. Here's hoping for 365 million dollars...or at least a little bit of that. I know, it's a racket. But I'm not destitute for a change and it's probably worth a dollar to chase that dream. What I don't understand are all those people who put a lot more down on it...I mean, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really help your chances that much. We had someone spend $900 on Powerball the other day. Granted, it was probably a group going in together. Anyway, I have a tiny chance. But I bet a lot of people will be watching tonight's draw with baited breath, given that it's so high a jackpot. We had a lot of people who were complete neophytes who didn't even know it was a cash-only sale. :) I have a feeling someone will hit it this time, though.

No comments: