Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 25, 2005

John brought this to my attention in a comment

LISNews.com Revenge of the Blog People!

I draw your attention specifically to the comments on LISNews to this, as well as the original essay.

Here's a copy of what I wrote in the comments that were originally on the post to do with Summers and his language:

Thanks John. I have read many things by Michael Gorman over the years (and agreed with most of them). He is a curmudgeonly cataloguer after my own heart. However, in this instance he really did generalise his extremely limited experience with bloggers to the whole species, something that someone used to categorising specific subjects probably 'Ought Not Do'. I'm sure he'll get more flak now. Maybe we should introduce him to library blogs. Surely he accepts that most of us do sustained reading.


Oh, and by 'us', I mean librarians--especially librarian bloggers--rather than bloggers in general, just in case there's any confusion.

No comments: