Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I wish I could bottle this

I just got out of the gym and I feel grreeaaattt! I love being able to do exercises in the pool [despite inhaling a bit of water] on top of my treadmill and bike routine, and the sauna is very relaxing. It was really crowded (they had some special event) but I didn't have to wait for machines. I just wish I could go back to lifting weights, at least with my arms. I can with my legs, of course, but I'm only up to 3 lbs. on the arms post-carpal tunnel surgery.

Speaking of bottles, I finally think the insomnia I was having as a result of not being able to get my paroxetine has finally settled down, and although it was a very productive few days (I have a nice clean home and a rearranged office) I basically crashed some over the weekend. A little OCD goes a long way, let me tell you. But now I'm up to 80 mg of the paroxetine (Paxil) in the morning and 7.5 mg of the Abilify in the evening and for the first time in a long time the brain fog that I'd put down to blood sugar or just brainlessness is easing up. I stay another week at 7.5 and then go up to 10 mg. Apparently my body needs more dopamine to stay in place. The downside is that the thing that helps me think clearer is $45, but now that I've gotten it, I can hopefully get a reimbursement and just keep paying the same back monthly. :)

I also finally got my aquarium up and running thanks to a kind soul through Freecycle who gave me a pump/filter. I have a few plants, some platies (like swordtails, but without the swords...and several are pregnant), a glass sucker that isn't a plecostomus, a betta, and ten freshwater shrimp to keep the tank clean. It is so relaxing to watch them.

I did yoga this morning and I'm going to try to make it an everyday thing. I've been waking up at 7 in the morning, before my alarm, and I've actually been coming in a little early for work because 1) I don't want to be late, since that is an issue that could cost me my job and 2) I've run out of stuff to do at home. There are still some boxes in one closet to go through, but otherwise, to walk in, everything has a place. It's heaven. And I have plenty of room for yoga, even though the entire living room is ringed with books.

I suppose that's all for now. The library will be closing in a few minutes. I sooooo miss my internet connexion at home, and I haven't a prayer of getting one any time soon. Maybe when I'm back in school this summer...I hope so. Right now I don't even have a computer at home, since John (my stepfather) is trying to breathe life into it again.

Take care. I'm sorry I haven't been updating. One, I've been a little crazy. Two, I don't have ready access to the Internet when I actually think to post. But I'll keep plugging along, and eventually I'll be back more often. Bye.

No comments: