Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Yahoo! News - Woman Bites Two Librarians in Robbery

Yahoo! News - Woman Bites Two Librarians in Robbery

Brain hurts. But if people think librarians will just roll over and meekly let them rob the till, I guess this might change their minds.

I love this quote:

"When I grabbed her it was kind of stupid," Barry told the Journal Review newspaper. "What I should have done was yanked her hair and sat on her, but I didn't think of it at the time."

Usually they tell businesses to just let the person rob them and call it in. I don't think $70 is worth getting killed for...they might have had a gun, after all, but you know, when adrenaline kicks in we all react differently. I probably would have done the same.

I'm surprised people even think to try to steal from a library. I mean, yeah, they collect fines, but it's not like a store or something, and there are often security guards and several patrons around.

I am glad they caught them, though. There's also a picture in their local paper of one of the bites on a hand with The Boxcar Children in the backdrop with the caption 'The librarians' bark is as bad as their bites'. :)

No comments: