Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 13, 2003

All that Asian food shopping finally came to good use...

I've been seeing a different kind of tree in Lexington lately, once over by the Christ Church apartments downtown, once over by the library at UK. It has a very succulent-looking red fruit that looks a little prickly and I really wanted to try one, but I wasn't 100% sure they were edible. I wracked my brain, and the closest thing I could thing of was that maybe they were lychees. And lo, and behold, I was right. Want to see a lychee? Look at Tropical Fruit Photography Picture Archive-Lychee I had no idea they grew here; we're in garden zone 6; it gets pretty warm here but it's by no means tropical. Now I'm curious as to how well they grow here.

No comments: