Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 25, 2003

US to allow feeding aides to work in nursing homes

Feeding aides to help in nursing homes

I've never worked in a nursing home, although I sort of grew up in one, since I went with my mom a lot overnight when we were down in Louisiana. I'm going to have to ask my mom, Dwana, and Eric--all of whom have worked in nursing homes--what they think of this. On the one hand, it could free up nursing aides for other things...but there's already a problem within nursing home with neglect and abuse concerns, and I don't know about letting people who aren't well supervised and with little training (just 8 hours) around such frail patients. I agree with the concerns of the National Citizens Coalition for Nursing Home Reform.

No comments: