Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 11, 2003

I'm not convinced that the truth of an event can ever be found, only interpreted. My training as a historian taught me that.



...Still, I believe many of us were saying the Bush Administration were running forward into war with Iraq full-tilt as a political ploy. Now, with the lack of evidence of weapons of mass destruction and 'mistakes' that were apparently used to justify the war, the questions come up in full force. Why weren't they questioning intelligence then? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Saddam Hussein is no longer in office. But this war is far from over, and it's done serious damage not only in terms of the lives and destruction, but in how the rest of the world sees us, how we see our government, etc.

No comments: