Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Are you sure it's not Monday?



Okay, today was rather sucky. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd put it at a 3, 4 tops. But still, it's good to keep things in perspective. I got a lot done at work today, despite no caffeine and just a Slim-Fast shake. No, I'm not trying to lose weight. (Well, okay, it'd be nice, but that's not why I had it. The Slim-Fast powder is part of my too-poor-to-live stash.) In my infinite (not!) wisdom, I paid bills and even managed to pay the most important bill--my rent--but I don't have so much as change for the little incidentals of life, and like an idiot I forgot to bring my lunch. But, I came home and--having found a couple of pieces of bread and enough peanut butter to get my blood sugar up--I cooked up some red beans and rice for tomorrow. Yay! I can handle being poor. But sometimes idiocy is a little harder to handle. So, I have no one to blame but myself for feeling rotten most of the day. Once I got some food into my system, the world seemed a happier place. Maybe if everyone had plenty to eat we could get rid of wars, hmmm?

No comments: