Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 25, 2003

Happy Friday



1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
The Rabid Librarian's Adventures in Lisaland

2. What songs would be on the soundtrack?
Patterns by Simon & Garfunkel
Shilo by Neil Diamond
No Son of Mine by Genesis
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
Take on Me by a-ha
Enemy Within by Rush
Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
The Sign by Ace of Base
Broken Wings by Mr Mister
The Teacher by Big Country
I'll Remember by Madonna
Bring Me to Life by Evanescence
Life is Sweet by Natalie Merchant
Precious Illusion by Alanis Morrissette
Overcome by Live
Mummer's Dance by Loreena McKinnit
Fumbling Towards Ecstasy by Sarah MacLachlan

3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why? I think it would be live-action actors surrounded by an animated background, because my life has always been a sort of mix between Pink Floyd's The Wall and, say, Pete's Dragon.

4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc?

Well, although the ages wouldn't always be right, in terms of pure physicality, at least
Me: Kathy Najimy
My father: Max Baer Jr
My mother: Elizabeth Montgomery
My grandmother: Jean Stapleton
My grandfather: Kirk Douglas
My other grandmother: Betty White
My great-grandfather: Wilfred Brimley
My great-grandmother: Estelle Getty
Buddies: Russell Crowe, Julian Sands, (a younger) Sally Field
My ex: A rat with the voice of Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman)
Ex-friends in my life (Bill, Liz, Mike, the Feltoi, etc., would be part of the animation, perhaps as animals...bear, womberine (long story), coyote/meercat, owl, spider, etc.) Those of you who know me know who you would be.
Tracy (who's still a friend, but far away): A bird, I think, something that can go to great lengths to explore (Tracy works for NASA) and maybe a predatory one, since she can kick your butt with little kicks from martial arts.

5. Describe the movie preview/trailer.
Generally the film would start out dark and gothic and progress to a brighter, romantic comedy, getting bogged down somewhere in the middle. So, the trailer would accentuate the beginning and end and give the audience the impression of more action.

No comments: