Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 12, 2002

Well, the ducks are having to share, today...



Our pool opened yesterday, but it was a bit nippy to swim. Today, though, the kids were out in force, and the ducks were understandably upset, quacking away.

I played the game today, where we defeated the bad guys on this leg of the campaign, to live and fight another day. Whoo hoo! I love Call of Cthulhu. We're playing it with a Trinity twist. We're involved in one of the really long campaigns, the "Masks of Nyarlothotep". Fortuantely, I have a character who can shapeshift and take a whole lot of physical damage. I think I've played Cthulhu for too long, though. The game master was explaining all the various horrors (terrible, horrific things, that's why it's called horror, right?) like terrible rites involving being beaten by pronged clubs and calling up giant alien beings who'd literally participate in an orgy/rip us apart/eat us) and my response (after a moment of silence for processing) was, "okay...so how far into the process are we right now?" translate "when can I start spitting stomach acid at people?" One of the other players, Brenda, just laughed and said, "well, I have to admire your calm". Hey, falling apart wasn't going to help, even though I was fully into the story. But I'd just read the latest Anita Blake book, so maybe that's why I took it well.

I talked to my mom briefly (
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
) and my grandmother, too. It was great to hear from them. Now that I've cut back on the phone, cable, etc., it's a little isolating at times. And lately the main caller on my cell phone is some woman from the western part of the state who calls the same wrong number about eight times per week, who then wants to dither once you tell her she's costing you money. Grrrr.....I want call block on my cell phone.

Well, that's it for this weekend, I think. Talk to you later.

No comments: