Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I am so glad that today is (mostly) over

But:
  1. I managed to make it from one side of the city to the other and back, along with various areas between, despite snow and nasty commuting conditions.
  2. I didn't get hardly any sleep last night because I was keyed up over the snow and so I'm looking forward to going to bed tonight.
  3. Tomorrow is pay day. I can't pay everybody, but I can make a dent in things.
  4. Tomorrow I should get my W-2s, and I got my student loan interest tonight, so basically I'm ready to do my taxes.
  5. I ache all over, and part of me just wants to take some ibuprofen and head on to bed.
  6. At least I got my medicine and A's medicine before the really big snow hits on Friday (somewhere between 6 and 21 inches, depending on which model you look at). My meds were ove $500. That's with insurance. Thank the Gods for flexible spending accounts. I don't know what I'm going to do when the hospital moves to the medical centre next year and I lose my job, and my insurance. I have to find a job before then, and frankly, the chances of getting the solo medical librarian position I interviewed for is looking pretty dim, given the time that has passed since the phone interview, sadly.
  7. I did finally get that reimbursement from the Chicago trip. It only took a month and a half. :) It wasn't much, but given that I had less than a dollar between my two accounts, hey, it's grocery money.
  8. I checked on my mom today and she was doing pretty well. Yay for that.
Last night was all about managing various digital content. I ripped some CDs from my collection to my computer so I could put it on my phone, took the photos on my phone and backed them up on the computer, deleting them and freeing up a bunch of space on my SD card, and downloaded some free Kindle books. Today I went online and downloaded updates from my Kindle library (that is one nice thing about e-books--they can be corrected easily).

Tomorrow I need to:
  1. Pay many bills.
  2. Try to get a hold of my allergist (again) and see if I need to start my allergy shots over.
  3. Try to get a hold of a friend's doctor as he has an appointment on Friday evening and I really don't think we'll make it due to weather. I tried to call today but apparently had the wrong phone number, so I'll have to look it up. My phone was running out of battery at the time, and I was about to head to the pharmacy, so I put that off.
  4. I really want to transcribe a passage from one of the games that didn't get put into the notes.
  5. Go to PT. I didn't get to have my session Tuesday because my physical therapist's wife was in labour, and really, I can't fault him on wanting to be there for the birth of his child. But I've been hurting as a result of the missed appointment.
  6. Whittle down my to-do list on Habitica.
  7. Read!
  8. Get my tax info together so I can do it this weekend.
Okay, I've (finally) had dinner, which I practically inhaled, I was so hungry (it was 8 pm after all, and I hadn't eaten since noon). Time to do some quick checking on the computer and then start winding down for the night. Good night!

No comments: