Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 03, 2016

No game after all

as Brenda wasn't feeling well.  A and I went out to the mall to get his new shoes and he treated me to lunch at Olive Garden.  The service was terrific, the food plentiful and generally fine (Joe Bologna's is better,  but still, it was decent). Back at their house, YKWIA and I watched some episodes of 'Torchwood'. Then he and I  discussed The Epic of Gilgamesh. I really need to go back and re-read it. Also we discussed ancient Roman cuisine.  Later, after I came home, we had an interesting conversation on the phone on the differences between men and women's psychology.  I love these sorts of talks,  although he often hurts my brain. I love that he and I share many academic interests.  He's also honest to a fault.

So now I'm home.  I started the bread baking. It's 'Outrageously Oatmeal'.  I had to microwave some honey that had crystalised, but otherwise I'm hoping it comes out well. I'm having some crackers for dinner.

I'm doing well tracking my habits with the Habitica application and website. My little avatar is now 8th level and has a dragon hatchling that likes potatoes. It really is fun to use.

One of my resolutions this year is to do one fun thing by  myself each day.  I also plan to read more.  I never seem to have the time these days, and I'm resolved to make time.  To that end,  I'm going to read for awhile while the bread is made.  Good night.

PS Once again,  a new season of 'Downton Abbey' has started without me catching up on watching.  I really should watch seasons 2 and 3 on DVD (I don't have 4 yet). Also,  I missed the New Year's 'Sherlock' (I don't have cable,  and PBS' signal is kind of weak), but it repeats on the 10th, and YKWIA said he'd record it for me, as A is interested in it,  too.

No comments: