Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 01, 2013

Trick-or-Treat was kind of a bust from my point of view

I was actually home through most of it, but not one trick-or-treater came by looking for candy. Granted, I live in an apartment complex, but still. I thought I might get a few, and I always feel bad if I don't have anything at all for them. But, alas, they missed out, and I went on over to my friends' house with about a half an hour to go till the end of the trick-or-treating (it was moved to this evening due to the severe weather of yesterday). Also, apparently the place to go after trick-or-treating is McDonald's, because I went over there right before 'Grimm' to get us some food and it was crazy. There were about 20 cars in the double drive-through, with more waiting to get into the lot. I went on inside and placed my order, and I'm sure I got it long before some of those people did, but it was very busy inside as well. I had no idea what a happening place it would be!

Now I'm home. My upstairs neighbour has lights up for Diwali (actually, there are quite a few light strings throughout the complex, as we have quite a lot of people from India and South Asia here. It's very cheery. So, happy Diwali this weekend.

I think I'm going to listen to some music in the bedroom, maybe read awhile, and just relax, then head on to bed. Hope you had a good week and have a great weekend ahead of you! Good night.

No comments: