Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 03, 2012

I love the Internet

One thing I couldn't figure out on Ice Cream Sandwich was removal of individual notifications...in the previous version you tapped one side of the notice. Now you slide it, easy enough, but I didn't find that out without searching. Also, I couldn't quite figure out Rory McIlroy's accent (what can I say, I was switching over to news and golf was wrapping up, and the accent intrigued me; I don't care for golf and had never heard of him before). Turns out he's from Northern Ireland. My, the power we have due to Google and Wikipedia and their instant information. And if a ever lose them they'll have to bring back those librarians who learned to find info in the pre-Internet age (or those of us who learned both) to save the wealth of human knowledge.

No comments: