Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 08, 2012

PS Regarding the new Fires

New Kindle Fire tablets will have ads on the lock screen, with no option to opt out

Although they may bow to pressure to allow an opt out at some point, as many people--including me--do not like the idea of even targeted ads on their device. We'll see. If I didn't already have my tablet, this would make it harder for me to get a Fire. Maybe I'm alone, but I don't like ads pushed at me, even the supposedly unobtrusive ones, and rarely click-through anything resembling an ad online, skipping when possible. They're an annoyance. I'm one of those people who doesn't like ads in paid applications that I get for 99 cents. Imagine paying $500 for a device and still having ads. Come on Amazon, at least give people an option to pay extra and get a break from ads.

No comments: