Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 04, 2010

I'm back

It wasn't too bad, and I got a ride home from someone who used to be my boss at the store. I learned a couple of things as well.

  1. The store is going to shut down permanently this Thursday. So it's just as well I got out when I did, as the only store I might have been able to go to is the one up the road, but it would have been a much longer and more dangerous walk home. I'm not surprised. The loss of the car wash was really its death knell. The store was mostly used to train managers to go on to bigger stores. I do feel badly for the regulars who are used to coming into it, though.
  2. One of my former co-workers, who went up to co-manager of the store up the road, has now been promoted and is working across town, with her own store. Go Teressa!
  3. My boss at the store is going back to a neighbouring town, where she lives, as a co-manager. This is a lot closer to her, but it means she'll have to work nights and weekends. But I think that will work out better for her for now.

I got my rent turned in but forwent stopping by Kroger since it meant a ride home. Now I've just eaten pancakes and eggs, and it's time to start working on things here.

No comments: