Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm up before dawn

Althought that's not saying a lot, I suppose, since the sun's coming up so much later. But it's an hour and a half before normal. My blood sugar's 200, which is better than when I take it at 10, even though I ate late last night, but I had salmon and rice for dinner, so that probably helped. Plus I got 8 1/2 hours of sleep last night, and 14 the night before (making up for 1 hour Saturday night).

I celebrated being up early with coffee, something I almost never drink. If I make a habit of it, I'll have to get some half-and-half. I have those little Mini Moos liquid creamers that supposedly need no refrigeration, but one was curdled this morning and I had to throw away a whole cup. I settled on some powdered creamer I had in the cabinet, but it's not the same, and milk just doesn't do it. I like about 1/2 to 3/4 coffee and the rest creamer--I guess more of a latte. I have a friend who mocks me because I once said coffee made me sleepy. In retrospect, it was the sugar in the coffee interacting with my (undiagnosed) insulin resistance. Now I use Splenda, which is a perfectly good substitute.

So anyway, I'm up early, drinking coffee and getting a bite to eat (although there's little in the house to make, and I really wish I had some eggs). I'm listening the Black-Eyed Peas on the radio. I have to admit, I'm not all that impressed by their music. I actually got up so that I would do laundry, which I'll start in a few minutes.

Maybe I'll actually do some yoga. Oops, you shouldn't do that on a full stomach. Oh, well. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: