Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Too tired to blog (almost)

I was going to just give you a random video of a small child playing amazingly well on an Arabic stringed instrument, but that post got eaten as Internet Explorer shut down inexplicably on me.

I don't feel like finding the video again. Maybe later.

I'm very tired because I spent 10 hours today cleaning, doing detail work, toting trash, doing the cooler, etc. rather than running a register because our second station was broken--literally. A cigarette rack came down yesterday and smashed the touch screen quite spectacularly. For about two hours there were four of us--one doing paperwork, one running the register, and two cleaning. That store sparkled. I kind of wish I'd just been sent home, but hey, it's money, and I had to deal very little with the public, so I didn't have to be my perky cashier persona, but rather could be myself. It was actually sort of fun, but still tiring. 10 hours on your feet lifting and such isn't really that much compared to some--I mean, I know there are people who do much harder work for even longer shifts, but 10 hour shifts just wipe me out sometimes.

So I'm going to bed now. Good night.

No comments: