Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 09, 2008

Oh, it's nice

to take my shoes off and get into some comfy clothes. I'm in for the night until 7 am, when I go pick someone from work. I managed to get week #7's homework (videos and podcasts) finished for class, but still have the last week's topic of mashups and miscellaneous Web 2.0 concepts to go.

I just helped someone make a wonderful honey-soy sauce and tofu. I'm eager to try it for myself. It has honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, cayenne pepper, and ginger in it, and boy does it have a zing.

The nice Indian couple across the hall have moved out. They were good neighbours and always filled the hallway with good smells of cooking. They even got Cerys a bag of dog food at one point because it is the custom in their culture to feed animals, which are seen to be close to God.

Speaking of animals, I visted D last Friday and played with her new kitten, Claire, a 6-week-old tortoiseshell. I found out today that Claire later had to be euthanised after suffering from coccidiosis. That's a shame. They're going to wait awhile before getting another kitten. Their 3-year-old son doesn't really understand where the kitten has gone, though, and their dog seems a little depressed. But it really hit D the hardest, I think.

The link above goes to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, which is offering free access for a year to bloggers who want to link to their content. I guess they want to compete with Wikipedia. It's a great deal--you just sign up and they verify that you blog regularly, etc. You can sign up yourself at: Encyclopaedia Britannica WebShare.

Okay, that's all for now.

No comments: