Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

PS

I didn't get to see the webcast from the MLA annual meeting on Web 2.0 because of technical difficulties we're still trying to iron out. What we thought was a headquarters firewall issue is apparently a local one, as my tech advisor could view it on his computer, but I couldn't view it on mine, so we have to figure out what needs to be updated. Fortunately the video will be available for awhile in the members-only section, then move into the public area, so I can watch it later. But I really did want to participate live and maybe ask a question along the way.

I did get both breakfast and pizza. My system isn't used to so much food, but my stomach is happy.

I'm home early tonight, so I think I'll go on to bed early. Tomorrow I work at the store, and then Saturday is a 10-hour shift. I may work an hour at another store on Tuesday. Otherwise I'm off, including Memorial Day (that day at both jobs), so I'm going to check with my mom tomorrow about her schedule and whether it would be a good time to go to Danville. My grandmother's birthday is on the Thursday afterwards, and so I'd like to go. If Monday's no good I'll rest and do stuff here and then ask off next Friday if that's better. Also when I wake up I should have enough money in my account to pay bills, like the rest of my electric bill, my Internet one, get some food and gas, that sort of thing. I've already paid my phone bill.

Okay, off to slumber with the window open, the fan blowing, a little nightlight with coloured light that shines through bubbling water with little plastic marbles that circulate, and my trusty CPAP machine. I know. I'm weird. But I sleep better that way. It was very hard to sleep without electricity, especially without the CPAP. The rest truly are optional, but fun. Good night.

No comments: