Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I am spending a rare evening home

or at least from 9 pm on. My main excitement today was making my rent with pennies to spare. (It would have been a dollar and some pennies, but then I remembered the gas station prints out two money orders for anything over $500. Which mine was, unfortunately. My normal rent is $480 a month, but I had late fees on top of that. Which is sad, because I really expected to be fine this month, but forgot the stupid gym membership that comes out at the beginning of the month, so while nothing bounced, I was a small amount short for my rent, which then turned into almost being short with the late fees. Gah.

Speaking of the gym, the plan is to go back starting tomorrow. I'd like to shoot for 5 days a week, an hour at a time at first, in the hopes of doing 3 days a week. It'll have to vary with my store and Swampa schedule, though. My podiatrist told me at the end of December that I could go back but focus on bicycling before working up to treadmills, since my foot is still healing. And after all, I'm paying for it and it's costing money, so I should reap the benefits. Plus, there's a pool and a sauna. :) It's not Gold's Gym anymore, though. Basically the franchisee came to an agreement with Gold's and is now operating under the name Urban Active. Same facilities, same contract, same money coming out of my account, different name. (And yes, I checked to see if I could get out of the contract--that runs till next year--due to the change. No dice.) But I need to go anyway. So between jobs tomorrow my goal is to go do some bicycling and maybe a little weight lifting and pool action.

I think I'm going to go do some things with my off time. Bye.

No comments: