Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Woo hoo! Woo hoo!

I came back to my apartment to get my shirt for work and lo! there was a flexible spending debit card from Ceridian. This means I can go back to my sessions with my counselor and even more importantly, get my full stock of medications, since I've been limping on the bare minimum the last month. I was actually down to samples of Lamictal and Abilify, and I've been out of everything else except for an old metformin prescription. I don't plan on going back on Avandia, though; the case against it concerning heart attacks just keeps mounting. If the Janumet doesn't do enough for my diabetes, then I'll ask for Actos. But I'd rather just start getting a little exercise and keeping my sweet and starch intake within reason and see what happens rather than add yet another pill.

I am debating about going on to the gym. I stayed late at work today since I have to leave early for an appointment and ate some tuna when I got in. I have to be at work at five. What I may do instead is spend some time on the exercise bike my grandmother loaned me and then start with the gym tomorrow. :)

I did make up a schedule for the upcoming week of what I'd like to get accomplished at work (I'm going to have a large shelving unit moved a few inches to allow for room between the cubicles and the unit...so I have to compact old journals, take off the ones that are on it at the moment, have maintenance take the units apart, move them, put them back together, and then I need to put the journals back in, making room to take some from the other unit so that things are more evenly distributed and there's room for new issues all around.) I also want to go to the gym each weekday if possible. There's my notes. I've also worked in a couple of small painting projects and some cleaning, both at my place and another's. And if I can just get up by 8 I have time for yoga, too. We'll see. It doesn't give me much free time, but I didn't have much to begin with; I just rearranged what I was planning to do anyway.

No comments: