Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A busy weekend, as usual

I pretty much do the same thing each weekend--I work 10 hours or so on Saturday, then prepare for the game on Sunday, then play the game, then put the notes from the game into the computer. But it's been a productive weekend, one which has been helped by making up for my sleep deficit over the week and banking a little more for the days coming up. Monday between the two jobs I'll work 14 hours; Tuesday will be 13. Wednesday I'll be off from both but only because I need to go to court. I don't know about Thursday and Friday yet. We have a new guy training at the gas station. Hopefully he'll work out and I'll be able to go back to my normal hours, although I have to admit, the pay's been nice lately. I don't know, though. One of the girls sent him back with a list to get cartons of cigarettes and he came out with single packs that he'd taken from various cartons--then put the cartons back so there was no telling where the packs came from. That was a pretty colossal error, and he was terribly embarrassed. Hopefully he'll do better, though.

I just wanted to touch base before I went to sleep for a couple of hours till a friend calls me for a ride home from work. Tomorrow will be such a long day I don't know if I'll get a chance to post. So, I'll give you a link now:

Triage to save rare books

I don't know how long it will stay active. Basically a pipe burst down at Lexington Public Library (the main branch) and did a number on some biographies (which could be pitched), but more importantly, the Kentucky Room, which has rare items. So the library closed and the various staff worked to save the damaged books and papers. It was on the front page of the Herald-Leader the other day. I thought that was nice, especially as the main coverage we as librarians have been getting in the paper lately has to do with the 'scrotum' fiasco. I did blog about that, didn't I? I think so.

Anything else? Oh, yes, this--so appropriate, really:

I am Azathoth!

Known as the "Blind Idiot God", the center of all cycles known as Azathoth is the great void itself, infinite creation and inescapable oblivion made one. The Great God is without ego, as it has been embodied in a seperate consciousness as Azathoth has cast off the curse of self-awareness. Surrounded by the host of flautist servitors, piping the songs of the unknowable, Azathoth is not to be known by his aspirants. That is the purpose of another God...

Which Great Old One are you?

It was the minions thing. I want flautist minions. Although I rather thought I might wind up as Nyarlothotep or Yog Sothoth (the latter of which turned out to not be a choice, disappointingly). Oh, and be sure to check out http://www.yog-sothoth.com/ for news about the Call of Cthulhu gaming system, if you're interested. Anyway, enjoy the quiz. 'Night!

No comments: