Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 23, 2007

Being productive

I came home right after work and took a nap, then worked at putting things in order, getting the trash and recyclables together, and going through my languishing mail. I bought a mail sorter from Target the other day. It has a drawer for chequebooks/stamps, etc. and 31 labelled slots for due dates. I now know that I've paid all but my medical and large bills and those are going to take some time to whittle down. But I know where to start, and that's something.

I also got a reminder that I'll be forty soon--the breast centre where I had a mammogramme a couple of years ago (I was having breast pain) sent me a nice little letter saying I was due on April 2nd (my 40th birthday). Yay, let's celebrate middle-age by getting our breasts squished.

I discovered the other day that the points I get for using my debit card and other things related to my checking account are upwards to nearly 20,000 (in only about six months, no less). That's enough for $50 gift cards to various stores. I'm wondering if I should save up for the $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com. Hmm...

Well, I suppose I should turn in, although I may read a little of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files first. 'Night.

No comments: