Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Home at last; time for a nap

I went to my appointment with the nurse practitioner. We agree that the Lamictal is working to keep my mood stable whilst allowing for the full range of emotions. I had been concerned about tearing up whenever I encountered anything sad; but she pointed out that they were all appropriate times and asked it I had been a 'sensitive' child/adult. The answer is yes, of course. So apparently that's normal for me. I didn't realise it, but I was a little flat on the Paxil.

We're going to try Provigil for my ADD. As an added benefit, it should help with the daytime sleepiness I have, since it's actually a sleep apnea/narcolepsy drug. She was quite happy to hear she shouldn't have to justify the ADD use, which I presume is off-label, since I do have sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP machine.

Speaking of sleeping, I have had my dinner (peanut butter sandwiches); time for a short nap and cuddle with my animals, since I have a rare free evening. It's my intention to get up, do some stuff around the house, devise a schedule for the game notes, maybe get a little reading in, and check out the new schedule at the gas station.

No comments: