Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 16, 2003

Waiting for snow...



We're still waiting for our promised 3-6 inches of snow. Not that I think most of my co-workers are really looking forward to it, but it's been patently unsnowy all day. But then, the weather is always a crapshoot. I suspect we'll get the bulk of it this evening, if at all. And better to have people cancelling school and running out for milk and bread than the way it was a few years ago when we were supposed to have a dusting that turned into fifteen inches that shut down the entire state.

Today's been pretty decent. I was in a lot of pain last night. Fortunately Blogger was down, so you didn't have to endure my whining. I don't know what the problem was--it was a constant pain in my left abdomen that was shooting up into my shoulder and down into my leg. Fortunately, it cannot in any way, shape, or form be an ectopic pregnancy, which is one of the first things they check with those symptoms. For now I'm going to put it down to too much dairy, but if it continues I'll check with my doctor. Hopefully, end of story.

Everyone seems to think I'm being incredibly efficient at work now--which I am, I'm just not used to them noticing. I guess the newsletter helped.

Yesterday before I left work my old boss, Kathy, popped in and we chatted. I told her about the problems earlier this week. She agrees that everyone is testy over JCAHO, and that I shouldn't take any of it to heart.

Well, I'd better get back to work. I have an article to deliver and mail to pick up. Ta-ta for now.

No comments: