Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 23, 2003

Brrrr...



Well, nothing with me is easy, but I know this, and I take precautions. I went to run some errands before work because of payday, and I also had to get the aforementioned pet food. This morning the temperature was about 4 degrees, with a lot of wind, so I bundled up: underwear, two sets of socks, two pairs of pants, tank top, t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, flannel, wool sweater of doom with scarf, head scarf, fleece hat, coat with hood, gloves, mittens, and heavy boots. There was about three inches of snow on the ground, too. Unfortunately, part of the errands involved getting a money order and the place just across the street hadn't opened, no doubt due to the weather, so I walked down past the useless bank (they don't do money orders) to the BP station, then back to the apartment to feed the kiddies, and on to work. Total time out in the cold: 1 hour, 10 minutes. I'm glad I didn't trust it to be a quick job. I'm also glad I got up early. Fortunately I have a ride home in a bit and one in the morning, too, although I am going to a friend's tonight on the bus.

I've been busy helping our performance improvement head with some graphics stuff. I'm not the graphics person, but he's pretty swamped and I like doing that sort of thing. It's made the day pass very quickly. Nothing like colouring something in Paint to do that. :) Just imagine where I could go with the right tools!

I'll probably blog again tonight when Friday rolls around. But for now, time to close for the day.

No comments: