Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Ah, Saturdays...



Last night I did the laundry-and-a-movie thing (actually movie [The Ring, which I found creepy rather than scary, sort of like Blair Witch, but enjoyed immensely]), laundry, then movie [The Road to El Dorado, partly in an attempt to not have creepy thoughts regarding movie A before bedtime, although Chel coming out of the water at the end with her hair down over her face takes on a new meaning :)]. This morning I got up early (as in before noon) so that Zabet's hubby could take me to hunt down my allergic cat's venison and green peas food from the vet. Turns out I needed him for more than driving. I totally failed the open the vet's door. We got there right after noon and I pulled on the door and nothing happened, then knocked on the window, with no response. He walked up, turned the knob, and went in. Sigh. I can only blame the fact that I wasn't really awake yet. Then we returned, got Zabet, and went to the co-op so I could get food that I'm not allergic to. I'm trying to cut back on the wheat, eggs, and milk. I generally don't itch or otherwise seem to have reactions, but it seems to keep the weight on me, so I got some alternatives like rice pasta, soy cheese (without the caseine, yea!), and spelt bread (which is technically a wheat but a different type than we usually use). Then we went to Vishal, an Indian grocery and got I got some bread that I am allergic to but I'm willing to eat in small amounts because it's so damn good. After getting back, I went to sleep again; it's one of those rainy days where the sky just spits at you, so I just curled up with the animals and snoozed. Then I got up at sundown. It was nice to catch up on some sleep. I've been online doing some genealogy research. I'm finding quite a few cousins to collaborate on this project, too.

Well, that's enough for now. Talk to you later.

No comments: