Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 14, 2002

Whoooooooooopppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And, no, that has nothing to do with Valentine's Day. No, I'm talking something much more important to my computer geek heart:

I finally got my DSL equipment.


(Again, Verizon sent it to my home address, but hey, FedEx lets you pick things up that evening. The truck was late but I waited 45 minutes in a cold car with a migraine because, well, it's been two weeks and I didn't trust that package to stay put.)

Know what else? I just talked to my mom, and it turns out that she and John have been waiting two weeks for some software for their satellite connexion. Apparently the stars were not right for my family or something.

So, I've put it all together, which was remarkably easy (the hardest part was getting the cable that came with it to stretch to the phone line. I had to do some rearranging). So now I'm on. I've set up my account, set up my firewall, etc.

It's amazing. It's muuuchhh faster than my work connexion. For the first time in ages I've gone through my web e-mail and gotten it all cleaned out. No waiting for pages to load. It's just there. Wow!

All in all, it was worth the wait. :)

No comments: