Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 04, 2018

Sleepy

Last night I tossed and turned, afraid I'd oversleep for my first day juggling three offices (my new office, physical therapy (where I'm filling in during a maternity leave), and checkout (where I've been working for a year, first as a contractor and now as a regular employee) and training for the new job. I finally got up at 4:40 am, was at the parking lot by 6 (only two spaces from the shuttle stop), at work by 6:30, and clocked in and training by 7:00 am. I moved to PT by 8:45 am and to checkout at 3:45 pm. I've made a food run for a friend of ours who is battling cancer, had a great home-cooked meal with my roommate (who is an excellent cook) , cleaned up the dishes afterwards, and now I'm ready for bed, to do it all over again tomorrow. :) Hopefully I'll sleep better this time. PS The cat has stealthily crept up bedside me. He likes to sleep with me.

No comments: