Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 02, 2018

So I've moved into my office

Before I moved in

Added my name to the plaque

After I moved things from upstairs to the office [more to come, of course]

Me sitting in my new office

Starting Monday, this will be my schedule:

  • 7:30-8:45 am -- Training for the new position (continued on weekends, if necessary)
  • 8:45 am-3:45 pm -- Coverage in physical therapy for the secretary there, who is on maternity leave (she was in labour as I left on Friday)
  • 3:45-5:00 pm -- Coverage of checkout (my former job) till closing time
So the idea is that I can do all those things without having to stay super late, and only coming in an hour early for training, and maybe weekends if necessary.  That means that I'll get overtime both during my training period and if needed while I am covering for the maternity leave.  They should have someone in place for checkout and trained by the time the maternity leave coverage ends, and I can transition to my job full-time.  Wednesday I get to park in the back (I normally park in a lot at and take the shuttle) as I need to leave early for an appointment so I may bring some more plants from home. :)

No comments: