Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Just got home

and I'm kind of tired and not really feeling like searching out neat stuff to write about. I think I'll go to bed. But today was better than yesterday, when I had a full-blown asthma and allergy attack at work thanks to, of all things, Great Value (Walmart) Lemon Furniture Cleaner [Update: I later learned that while most of the housekeepers use the Walmart brand, this particular person specifically uses Lemon Pledge, so it is the name-brand cleaner that gives me issues]. I had to take my data entry sheets and go to the employee break room and stand there to finish my work at the computer there, and I left an hour early, because I couldn't be in the library for more than a minute or two. This morning it had dissipated and was fine. But yesterday I was very ill, and even though it improved after I got out of my workspace, I was dead tired by the time I got home (about 8?) [after watching 'Grace and Frankie' episodes, which were great] and went on to bed even though it was light outside, listened to music for awhile, and then slept fitfully most of the night. Today was better, although it looked like it was going to be a very sad day indeed, something that's merely put off a few days, but will have to happen. One of the dogs I'm auntie to is doing poorly, and if the vet had been there today and been free, we would have taken her to put her down. Tomorrow there's another appointment. Maybe Thursday. She's not acutely sick, but she is having some major problems. But considering she's usually 50 lbs and a least 16 years old, she'd done well. She's a good dog, and has been a great watchdog and used to shepherd us around. Poor thing, she's senile now. I don't think she even knew me when I walked in this afternoon. But it'll have to be soon, and that's sad.

Maybe that's one reason I find I'm feeling somewhat surly; I wish she were younger and doing better. I hate losing pets, but it's an inevitable thing, unfortunately, and it's our job to make their passing as painless as possible. I just hope we can get her into the car and up there; she's snapping if moved too quickly, because with her arthritis, I'm sure it hurts, and she doesn't know where she is, really.

I'm also just tired and cranky, so I'm going to turn on in. The plan is to get up early tomorrow. We'll see.

Good night.

No comments: