Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 16, 2016

I have an excellent reason

To head on to bed: tomorrow is the Kentucky primary,  and I have to get up early to vote at a new location,  the new Eastside Library branch,  which replaced the old Eagle Creek Library I used to go to.  I'm interested in how they set up,  as the old library's meeting room was right as you went in. The new one has the rooms upstairs. Since the library opens at 9:30 am,  but the polls open at 6 am,  I wonder how it will be set up.  It should be interesting.  There are only three offices on our precinct's Democratic ballot: President,  Senator,  and Representative (Kentucky has a closed primary system--you can only vote on your party's ballot,  and this year the Republicans held a Presidential caucus in March, so they're only voting for lesser offices). I hope for a good turnout.  Be sure to go out and vote,  Kentucky! And if you're a Democrat,  I hope you will consider Bernie Sanders for President and Jim Gray for Senator.

No comments: