Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 12, 2015

I tried a food truck for the first time today

And while it was tasty, had a big window where you could watch the action, was giving a percentage of the profits to our non-profit organisation, and took debit cards (as opposed to our cafeteria, which is cash only and frankly, of late, has had little in the ways of vegetarian options), it was expensive ($13 for a small eight-inch pizza, before tip) and took awhile to get if you didn't go for the special small pepperoni pizza. (My veggie pizza order took 25 minutes, when my lunch break is technically only 30. But one of my co-workers' order got mislaid; she waited much longer for her cheese pizza with cheese sticks.) They did so well, they ran out of pizza. :) The vendor was Rolling Oven Pizza. It was good, but a little greasy for my taste (I'm more of a Papa John's kind of girl--Pizza Hut is too greasy for me, Domino's I still have some social issues with, and Sir Pizza, the one time I had it, was like cardboard--although that could be related to the fact we were in the midst of an ice storm at the time and they were the only place I could get to deliver to my all-electric-with-electricity-out apartment. There's supposed to be a food truck coming every other week for awhile. We'll see where we go from here.

No comments: