Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Having a quiet evening at home

Mainly because I don't have the gas to go anywhere; I've already travelled 10 miles on my gas light and won't get paid till tomorrow. I have yesterday's debit for a quarter of a tank of gas (which I went through in going to four doctors' appointments plus the pharmacy with a friend), so I didn't want to take the chance of overdraughting the account, and since it's down to 59 cents, that would pretty much be what would happen. So I've been home for about an hour and forty-five minutes and I've been mostly enjoying the quiet and thinking about what I need to do over the next few days, and how best to accomplish it. So here are some of my upcoming plans:
    Tonight:
  1. Put away the laundry, including the hand washables I'd hung up on Sunday to dry.
  2. Straighten up just a bit and put away the things for the trip and various things I scattered while packing.
  3. Load the dishwasher and do a few plastic cups by hand.
  4. Get the reimbursement request from the trip together.
    Tomorrow:
  1. Work out in the complex gym.
  2. Get gas.
  3. Get creamer for a friend and take it to him before work.
  4. Go in early to work.
  5. Work a half day, and get things in shape for over Thanksgiving.
  6. Take a friend to the dentist.
  7. Get my allergy shots.
  8. Go to physical therapy.
  9. Make any last preparations for Thanksgiving with my friend.
  10. Pay bills.
    Thanksgiving:
  1. Prepare and cook under a friend's supervision.
  2. Eat Quorn goodness and a variety of vegetarian dishes.
  3. Spend time with friends.
  4. Call my mom and check up on her.
    Friday (off from work):
  1. Work out.
  2. Work on a cover letter for a job that's due November 30th.
  3. Work on the game notes.
  4. Spend time with friends.
    Saturday:
  1. Do the grocery run.
  2. Work out.
    Sunday:
  1. Prepare the house for gaming.
  2. Game.
UPDATE: Thanksgiving is postponed to Friday; details above. I managed to get a few things done, but given the trip's lingering effects, trying to get things caught up at work, taking care of a friend, visiting my relative who was in the hospital, and running all over town, I've mostly been coming home and crashing before 9 am and getting up very early.

No comments: