Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

That could have been bad

I was pilling a dog when and had given her the pieces of bread with peanut butter and tablets wrapped in them, when I went to give treats to the other two dogs. One was next to me, and that was no problem. The other was on the other side of the dog who took the pills. The next thing I know, this older, half-senile dog jumped up and clamped down on my hand so quickly it was unexpected. The piece of bread with peanut butter fell, and fortunately the intended dog got to it before a fight could ensue. The bite didn't draw blood, but did sting for a bit, and when she was told no, she really didn't seem to understand that she'd been bad. It's difficult to see our furry family members age and get slow and achy, but it's really difficult to watch a once-sharp and very intelligent dog get confused with times of dementia. I couldn't be angry; she really didn't mean to do it. But we're going to give them their treats on the floor from now on, and be very careful. We're going to warn Brenda to be careful with the dog biscuits she brings on Sundays, too.

No comments: