Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A quiet night

I just got off the phone with a friend. Otherwise it's been a quiet night. This morning I put some more water that I had treated and let sit overnight into the aquarium, and I cleaned out the filter, so the water is gently falling and the fish seem much happier. I need to do some dishes and clean up a bit in the kitchen, but that will be tomorrow's task. The rest of the house is still looking very good from the other day. I've actually been making my bed, something i got out of the habit with when I had my dog because she just made a doggie burrito out of the covers anyway. I'm reading a book on organising your work environment over the course of a year, and one of the small changes they suggest is making the bed every morning, because it gives a boost to your outlook and makes you feel better about yourself and your surroundings. I have to admit, that's true. Also, I've still napped a bit over the last week, but having it made means I don't just 'go to bed' around 8 and stay there.

I guess that's all for tonight. I hope your week is going well so far. Mine will improve in about a half an hour because I get paid, which is good because between my checking and savings accounts right now I have exactly 24 cents. Hopefully I can pay my bills and not be quite so destitute this time, but we'll see. Good night.

No comments: